Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Indelible Memory 1978

Summer Solstice...the first day of Summer and the moon was full at exactly 5:21 a.m. over Royal Road in El Cajon.

I was at a beach party the afternoon and eve before in Leucadia, California...a house on Neptune Street. A perfect day and party. My friend plotted out the timing of the full moon as many believe there are more babies born at that time.

Sure enough! I awoke that morning, rolled my pregnant whale body over to glance at the digital clock. YICKS! It read exactly 5:21! Before I could blink, I felt my first contraction. The first day of Summer was here.

I had so much to do to get ready. I jumped in the shower and headed out to do the daily chores so they wouldn't be waiting for me after the birth. Shawn was again superman that day with his cape made from a towel. I noticed the f^%$^%$%ing goat was not on her tether. We were in a house high on a hill on Royal Road and that damn goat was a wee goat spot down that road as far as I could see. So there I am chasing down a goat probably 2 hours into labor (I only did 5 hours, mind you). I dragged that damn nanny back up the hill, she showed no mercy on my condition. At that moment I knew that she would be sold very, very soon. I made sure her new name would be Barby Q.

It was pretty soon that midwives arrived and I turned control over to Diane and Barbara. I am not sure where my husband was. A friend, Brent, was assigned to the camera. Thank goodness Greg, Diane's hubby, had camera and film because Brent became such a blubbering idiot that he forgot to put film in the camera. I think this whole birthing process was roughest on him!

It was the PERFECT and GENTLE birth, and I got my blonde haired, blue eyed babygirl.

This is a day I will celebrate into eternity. Thanks, SummerTime for being my girl!

I LOVE YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your mommy.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Vicious Summer said...

Yay! You birthed me!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home